CBN APPOINTS ONI, RINGIM, IMAM, OTHERS TO LEAD UNION, POLARIS, KEYSTONE BANKS
Written by Oyebamiji Idowu on January 11, 2024
In a swift move to stabilize three struggling banks, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dissolved their boards and appointed new executive directors to lead them forward. Announced in a statement this morning, the appointments are effective immediately.
- Yetunde Oni, previously the first female CEO of Standard Chartered Bank in Sierra Leone, steps in as the new Chief Executive Officer.
- Mannir Ubali Ringim joins as the Executive Director, bringing his expertise to support Oni in navigating the bank’s challenges.
- Hassan Imam, with his seasoned banking experience, takes the helm as the new Chief Executive Officer.
- Chioma Mang complements the leadership team as the Executive Director.
- Lawal Mudathir Omokayode Akintola, known for his track record in finance, assumes the role of Chief Executive Officer.
- Chris Ofikulu strengthens the team as the Executive Director.
This decisive action by the CBN indicates a strong commitment to restoring stability and ensuring the continued operation of these critical financial institutions. With the newly appointed leaders at the helm, Union, Keystone, and Polaris banks can now focus on regaining public trust and achieving future success.
READ ALSO: NAIRA SCARCITY LINGERS, TRADERS RATION CASH
SOURCES: Jordan105.5 News Bulletin