HOW TO MAKE LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL TO BRIGHTEN YOUR SKIN
Written by Oyebamiji Idowu on November 13, 2023
Here’s a basic method for making lemon essential oil for skin brightening:
1. Fresh organic lemons
2. Carrier oil (e.g., olive, almond, or jojoba oil)
3. Airtight glass container or jar
4. Grater or zester
5. Cheesecloth or a fine sieve
6. Dark glass bottle for storage
1. Wash and dry the lemons: Thoroughly wash the lemons to remove any dirt or residues.
2. Zest the lemons: Use a grater or zester to carefully remove the outer zest of the lemons. Be sure to avoid grating the white pith, as it can give the oil a bitter taste. You’ll want about the zest from one or two lemons.
3. Combine zest and carrier oil: Place the lemon zest in an airtight glass container or jar. Pour the carrier oil over the zest, ensuring that it fully covers the zest.
4. Seal the container: Close the container tightly and place it in a cool, dark place for about two weeks. This allows the lemon zest to infuse into the carrier oi
5. Shake daily: Give the container a gentle shake every day to help with the infusion process.
6. Strain the oil: After two weeks, strain the oil to remove the lemon zest. You can use a piece of cheesecloth or a fine sieve for this.
7. Transfer to a dark glass bottle:Pour the strained oil into a dark glass bottle. Dark glass helps protect the
oil from exposure to light, which can cause it to degrade.
8. Store the oil: Store the lemon
essential oil in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight. It should last
for several months.
Lemon essential oil may help brighten the skin, but results can vary from person to person.
It’s essential to use it cautiously and discontinue use if you experience any irritation or adverse effects.
If you have concerns about your skin, consider consulting with a dermatologist before using essential oils.